How updates and releases work
Over time, the code and configuration of your components will change:
- Each time the CLI tool is run against your code repo, it brings the latest code changes into Interplay.
- The Project editors of your Design System may also make configuration updates directly in Interplay e.g. to add a description or configure new presets.
These changes to the components project in Interplay are saved as a series of commits (saves) over time. Project maintainers can choose to publish certain commits by tagging them as releases.
When a release is created for your project in Interplay it is available in your plugin. Each release has a version label for reference.
Pulling the latest release
When a new release is available for your current project, a green dot will appear on the plugin menu icon in the search bar of the plugin.
- Click the menu icon to open the plugin menu
- Click on 'Library Updates Available...' to review the pending updates.
- To apply the updates, click Sync All.
- If you don’t want to accept the updates, click Done to return to the library screen.
Fixing to a specific release
You can also fix your work in Figma to a specific release of the project.
To do this:
- Open Manage Libraries from the plugin menu. You will see the library you are currently using listed as installed
- Next to the library name you will see a dropdown of available versions.