Keyboard shortcuts in the plugin
Last updated on September 1, 2022
Find and Add a Component
To find and add a Component via the keyboard:
- Open the Interplay Plugin and type the name of the Component you want to add.
- Keep typing until the Component or example comes to the top of the list, or **use the ↑ and ↓ arrows** on your keyboard to pick it.
- Type **⏎ return** to add the default (first) Example of the Component you selected.
👉 Pro tip: With a frame selected on canvas, hit return to add the selected component as a child of the selected frame. If the selected frame has Auto-Layout applied, you can rapidly assemble layouts without leaving the keyboard.
Browse Presets and Documentation
You can also use the keyboard to view the Component Details panel which contains a live Component Preview, Component Documentation and a list of Examples.
- Search, or use the ↓ down arrow to select a Component.
- Use the → right arrow to view the Component details.
- Use the ↑ and ↓ arrows to select a preset.
- Type ⏎ return to add the selected preset to the canvas.
You can use the keyboard to quickly navigate between component folders folders in your design system.
- Search, or use the ↓ down arrow to select a folder.
- Type → right arrow or ⏎ return to open the folder and view the list of components.
- To go back, use the left arrow or Escape to return to the previous folder level.