Figma Plugin features
Interplay has a native plugin for Figma which bring your latest production code components into Figma. (Sketch plugin coming soon)
Using the plugin for Figma you can:
- Browse components, examples, tokens and icons
- View documentation
- Add components to the canvas and set their React properties
- Update content
- Pull latest versions of code to automatically keep Figma up to date
- Push compositions to Interplay
- Handover JSX
How it works
When you add a component to the canvas, Interplay generates a design component/symbol on the fly - and keeps it connected with its underlying code component so your design files are always up to date.
Why it's useful
By empowering designers to use real properties on real components (instead of swapping out instances):
- Designers immediately gain a deeper understanding the capabilities of the design system, and build up a common language with developers which improves collaboration.
- Designers can iterate designs directly with users, using production code components
- Ambiguity is removed from handoff because a developer can access the JSX of the exact component configuration used by the designer.